Sunday, July 26, 2015

If It's Not Their Money then it Doesn't Hurt: On Workers and Materials




Last Saturday, before the construction foreman left, he told me that we don't have finishing sand anymore. I told him, " Tilokon lang nato na, Kuya. Daghan pa man sa akong tan-aw." ( I see we still have a lot. Let's just scrape what we can.) He gave me "that" look and reasoned that "wala na talaga" which irks me.


So, to prove that we still have a lot, I roll up my sleeves and get my ass scraping for sand yesterday and this morning and look what I scraped:







Ang dami kaya! I must have scraped 20 cement bags full of sand! So many left still, so I'll scrape again tomorrow morning after our ( with Stark and Pepper ) early morning walk.



Most of the time, if it's not their money they are spending, hindi sila nasasaktan kay hingi lang ng hingi kahit meron pang ma ii-scrape.
 

2 comments:

  1. hay naku sis, ganyan sila at ganyan din ang pakiramdam ko nun. kung hindi mo tututukan ang daming masasayang, nakakahinayang talaga pagkatapos nilang magtatrabaho ang dami pang sobrang materyales.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ai sos, if you don't roll up your sleeves and talagang tutukan, ang dami talagang masasayang!

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. I read and appreciate all comments. :)