I did a six-week-long vacation to South America. Even though I enjoyed it immensely, I thought it was too long for me. Came the third week of my trip, my heart started to ache for my dogs, for my routine and my home. I came to realize that three weeks is enough for me so never again.
I went to four countries: Colombia, Peru, Bolivia and Brazil. I've never felt unsafe and I was really surprised with the great number of tourists there, especially in Peru. I've met so many people from different walks of life and I've learned a great deal about myself and the people I've traveled with.
Here are some of the highlights of my trip:
- Swimming with sea lions at Lima, Peru. The water was freaking cold and the picture that I took didn't give justice to the amount of sea lions that were there. Probably millions of sea lions were there. Apparently, they thrive at that place because there were no predators. We weren't allowed to touch them.
|Looking at this picture makes me shiver. I remember how cold it was.|
- Went to a 3-day camping trip at Amazon, Iquitos Peru. Mosquitoes there don't listen to bug sprays! I found a sloth and I got to touch it.. Ahhhh! Cutest thing ever! (though I couldn't post pictures of the sloth because you could clearly see my face. hehe)
|Seeing the Amazon in person was an indescribable feeling!|
- I did a 4-day Classic Inca Machu Picchu trail and it was the most expensive and the most difficult trek I've ever experienced. Nevertheless, it was still a very memorable experience.
- I visited Uyuni Salt Flat in Bolivia and I thought I've seen the most gorgeous sunset IN MY LIFE there.
- I also biked the Death Road in Bolovia and it was a very scary and very nice and exhilarating experience. FYI, it wasn't really that scary because the road has been improved and it was also wide for bikes but you just have to be mindful of rocks and pebbles. Nevertheless, I survived it.
|I'm the most "pequeno" one|
|Wearing my Death Road, Bolivia Survivor Shirt at Rio de Janiero, Brazil|
|Christ the Redeemer. |
The second Seven Wonders of the World that I saw during my trip.
|Jon Bon Jovi|
|Red Hot Chili Peppers|
|Paragliding: The best way to enjoy Rio|
|Addicted to Acai in Brazil|
Paulista Avenue, Sao Paulo Brazil
|Foz de Iguazo, Brazil|
The widest falls in the world and where Black Panther the movie was shot