I haven't blogged for a long time, but here are random updates about my life:
- I still can't get over Pepp's death. I still can't accept it. Guilt is still eating me alive. The funny thing is that depression made me work so hard that my salary hits close to Php 40k a month.As I said in one of my previous updates, my usual target is Php 22k a month working 5 to 6 hours a day,five days a week. Imagine how much I've worked just to hit that amount. But then few months of just going and going and I crashed. I suddenly felt lost.I hated my job. I suddenly felt discontented. Floodgates of anxiety opened up. I felt less confident, less sure of my choices in life. The trigger point? Pepper's passing. Don't you dare tell me "it's just a dog", I'd punch you in the face. You don't know how it feels like.
- I adopted a puppy. Her name is Vers. Guess where I got her name from?
- I felt like Vers is Pepper reincarnated. I found her exactly two months after Pepper's passing. She came to me after I took Stark for a walk just outside my house. I looked for the owner, but walang nag claim so I adopted her. She acts like Pepper. She sleeps like Pepper. Her mannerism is like Pepper. Maybe I just missed Pepper so much that pinipilit ko ang mga personalities nya with Vers.
|Vers at first few days after I adopted her.|
|Vers the Fierce|
|Vers, at present time|
Vers and Stark
|I purposely put some little bars for my gate after I got Vers kasi lumolusot sia.|
- I adopted kittens,too. I have long been feeding animals outside but it's my first that I adopted kittens and keep them at the third floor of my house. Now I'm worried about them. I will be leaving for six weeks so I don't know sino ang mag take care sa kanila. I'll figure it out.
|I don't know why they like sleeping in my empty pot|
|The whole gang|
|Do you see them?|
- My friend gave me a pair of hamster. I have dogs, cats and hamsters. Imagine that!
|I will be rehousing them into a bigger glass container once I arrived from South America|
- One time, I went to the vet to get Vers vaccinated and I overheard a conversation about the price of the American bully. I rolled my eyes several times because there are sooooo many animals that needed home, and people are buying dogs and cats. It just doesn't make sense!
- On the other hand, I shouldn't blame them. I bought Pepp and Stark. Through them, I became an animal lover. I still would like to get a Golden Retriever in the future, but I would pick someone that needed my help. I miss Pepp so much,it's killing me.
- Stark is okay. He loves Vers. They play together. They go on walks together. Stark seemed to enjoy the company of Vers, but he goes crazy over the kittens.
- I'm going to South America. This has been my plan since two years ago. I even bought a ticket six months before Pepp's passing. I'm going to four countries: Colombia (Pablo Escobar. Narcos fan here!), Peru (a 4-day trek to Machu Picchu), Bolivia (Salt Flat and Biking the Death Road) and Brazil (Rock 'n Rio- Red Hot Chilli Pepper and Bon Jovi's concerts). I'm also going to Amazon jungle, swim with Sea Lions among many activities that are lined up.
- To prepare for my South American trip, which is coming up very very very soon. I have been walking around Mactan area. If you see a dork who is wearing a hiking boots, that's probably me.I also have been going up and down the stairs everyday. Well, I'm going to do a lot of hiking (4 days going to Machu Picchu) and biking (Bolivia's Death Road) so I need to build my endurance up.
That's it for now, folks! I will tell you how I got over my "I-hate-my-job" phase. Next time. :)