I purchased a ticket yesterday!!! Ahhhhhhhhh! I can now officially sing: "I'm coming home. I'm coming home. Tell the world I'm coming home..."
December tickets are so,so expensive, so I opted for a January flight. Yah, I won't be in 'pinas in time for Christmas but, I'll just put it this way, it's just one more Christmas away from home. Isa nalang!
The original ticket cost was like $700+. It totalled $890 because of the taxes, surchages and whatever. Check below for the breakdown.
Let me share with you something something about my flight without giving away the actual details of my itinerary:
- Total travel time all the way to Cebu airport: 54 hours 40 mins. The usual travel time is less than 24 hours. Since I am too cheap to buy direct ticket, this is what I get. Hey, I really don't mind waiting for longer layovers and all that. It's part of an adventure!
- Will arrive and "hang out" at 3 airports before arriving to Mactan, Cebu aiport.
- Longest layover: 18 hours, 20 mins (Can you believe that?! I am excited! Sleeping in the airport? Feels like a true backpacker!!!)
- My only wish is that they'll hand me an actual ticket but hey, it's 2014, e-ticket is the way to go. I need to print out the ticket by tomorrow though, when my local library opens.
My New Luggage:
So, I also bought a luggage yesterday. I got it on sale because it's a part of a Black Friday deals at Macy's, plus I didn't spend anything because I spent the gift card, which my friend gave me as a goodbye gift. Lucky me!
This luggage is actually for My Love, Red. I was debating if I should buy the luggage that is really made for Brompton, but it is so expensive ($320)! I was about to buy one because I thought, "hey, it's for my peace of mind knowing that Red is well-protected." I'm glad that I looked around before really buying the official hard case luggage from Brompton. I actually "Googled" it, a lot of Brompton owners opted for another way to put their bikes while flying internationally. I'll make sure that I'll put enough bubble wrap around Red so he'll be safe and all. Also, the good thing about opting to put Red in a regular hard case luggage is I can also put my stuffs with him: bubble wrap + Clothes = Red is super protected!
Cost: $50, originally $280
- Scratch Resistance
- Light weight
- Spinner Wheels (what makes me want it in the first place)
- Corner Guard Protection
- Strong Durability
- 3 years warranty
Red's temporary home while flying
Cost: $4.99 at Ross ( $10 at regular stores) 50 percent off? Happy!
I am ready to fly !!!!