Wednesday, October 25, 2017
I am a notorious "brother kicker". I kicked my eldest brother out because the relationship had become so toxic and it was beyond repair. I did everything I could. I explained it in one of my posts so feel free to dig it out. Two months ago, I kicked my youngest brother out because he didn't have work for almost a year, he stole my money in so many occasions and we just fight and fight almost everyday. I gave him an ultimatum "If you won't be able to find a job within a month, you have to leave the house". For a month, he was scrambling to find work and when a month came, I stood my ground and let him leave. He didn't beg at all, I cried secretly and was tremendously hurt by this whole situation, but I stood my ground. I gave him money and so off the little birdie went.
Fast forward two months later, we saw each other yesterday. It was his birthday yesterday so I treated him dinner and Chatime and oh man how the little birdie has change a lot.... for the better. I am so, so proud of him. He is now working and he is renting a room a stone's throw away from his work (IT Park). All is good for him and I couldn't be happier.
Sometimes you got to do what you got to do no matter how emotionally hard it is. Life is a series of ups and downs, relationships get broken, some are worth repairing, others... well, it's best to just cut it for good. You either remain to be a doormat or you give the doormat a little shaking. Most of the time, based on my experience, it's best to do the latter.
Tuesday, October 17, 2017
I have been MIA, sorry. A lot of things got in the way, plus I'm just plain lazy.
- Sink got clogged. I spent a lot of money using chemical products (Liquid Sosa, lye, muriatic acid) but all of them weren't really successful in declogging my sink so I called the plumber and they took out my tiles. I found out that the pipe had a lot of oil that solidified. DON'T EVER DUMP OIL!
- I went to Europe and back.
- I kicked my younger brother out. He lies, steals and doesn't have a job.
- I hosted my first ever party and sleepover at home and as a minimalist, it was a tough thing.
- I already put up my Christmas tree.
- Still teaching online.
- Still going to the wet market, but I added Lander's on my list of go-to stores to buy necessities.
- Planning to see the Lion King Broadway show in Manila this March.
- Planning to go to Kenya by October, 2018 to see the great migration of animals and experience Safari. (Budget according to research: Php 150,000)
Nothing much has change, really.