|Top: Old ID|
Bottom: New ID
I don't know if I got lucky or what but it only took me less than 20 minutes for me to renew my PRC ID. For 20 minutes, I got the plastic card ID! Yes, that's right, the PLASTIC.CARD.! I was really amazed! To think that I was dreading to go to the PRC office because I know how government processing of documents work, but I was wrong.
Note: My mother renewed my PRC ID last 2012, but I only got it yesterday.
Things You Need:
Be sure to bring all of these so you can have a smooth-flowing experience:
- 2 pcs. passport size photo with white background and name tag ( Note: There is a photo booth inside PRC but in order to have a fast-paced processing, I suggest you get the picture beforehand.)
- Photocopy of the previous PRC ID, back to back (Note: There is also a photocopier inside the PRC. Since I just got my previous PRC ID yesterday, I went ahead and photocopied it there. Cost: Php 4)
- Php 600 (Note: Since my PRC ID got expired last year, I added Php 60 as a penalty. If I'm not mistaken, I think it's Php 60 per year for expired licences.)
- Go to PRC Mandaue City Near Innodata
- Make sure you wear the right outfit ( I wore sleeveless but I put on a cardigan, leggings and Chucks)
- In the entrance, you have to log in your name, purpose of your visit, date and time
Note: SKIP THIS PART IF YOU ALREADY HAVE YOUR PREVIOUS LICENSE. Since I didn't claim my previous license, I went to the "Releasing" (COUNTER 2) section first. I showed my Confirmation Slip. The woman, who was entertaining me, asked me why it took a while for me to get the license ( Yah, it took me four years to get it.)
Go to PUBLIC ASSISTANCE AND COMPLAINT DESK ( PACD) (red arrow below, located near the stairs) and ask for application form. In the application form, you will be asked to paste your passport size photo in the left side of the form.
Time Spent: Less than 3 minutes
Go to COUNTER 3. Submit the Application Form. You will be asked to submit another passport size photo and the photocopy of your previous license and they'll ask you to wait.
Time Spent: 5-6 minutes
CASHIER: Sorry, walang picture. It's located beside the stairs, near PACD (near Step 1 picture)
Time Spent: Less than 5 minutes.
Go to COUNTER 2. Submit the Application Form and the Receipt. You will be asked to wait for you name to be called for you PRC ID.
Time Spent: Less than 8 minutes.
After you get your ID, you will be asked to sign your name on a paper as a form of confirmation that you received your ID.