I am a proud debt-free for the longest time! Woohoo!
• While a lot of people buy stuffs left and right, I "use it up,wear it out, make it do or do without"
• While a number of people eat out most of the time, I enjoy a home-cooked meals made by yours truly. Saves me tons plus it improves my cooking skill.
• While most youngsters sleep late maintaining their social media sites, posting statuses,commenting and all, I read books until super-sleepy. Deactivating my Facebook is one of the best decisions I've made. It tamed my " Oh, she has it, why can't I buy one?"
• While most people would drool and would go into debt just to buy the newest gadget, I am contented with my Nokia phone and my iPod.
• While most people dream of a huge house, I dream of a "bahay kubo" in a province with a vegetable garden that I will be tending.
• While most people go to malls for entertainment, nature-walking is my form of entertainment.
You see, there is a good debt and a bad debt. I don't have bad debt and I want to keep it at that. I don't have a good debt either but, I am waiting for the right opportunity before dipping my toes in to that.
Knowing the difference between good and bad debt is important.
Now here is the challenge:
Do you have what it takes to be debt-free?