Wednesday, May 29, 2013

What's Your First Money Memory?





Knowing your first money memory maybe the key to know your current relationship with money, and why you are behaving a certain way around money. It might help you explain why you are a spender or a saver. It might help you understand or improve your financial powerhouse.

Whether you believe in this theory or not, it's still fun  to think about your first money memory.

There is no right or wrong way to do this little exercise. Just think of your earliest memory that involves money.

Mine was:

I grew up in a family that doesn't have much. What my father earned was given directly to my mother, and we made do with it. That explains my strength in setting up and analyzing a budget. When I was nine, I remember collecting  centavo and put it in  a secret place. I just put it in there and kept adding to my stash 'til it reaches 1 peso, so I can buy something. That explains why I'm good at delayed gratification.

What's your first money memory?


2 comments:

  1. Mine was... everyone(friends, family friends, classmates) got something cool. I hardly have any. Now I make up for it. So why judge me for spending?! WHYYYYYYYY?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that you figure out the reason why you are spending on things, why don't you use that same reason in realizing that in life, you can't have it all and things are just things that will clutter up your life and will drain your bank accounts.

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. I read and appreciate all comments. :)