Friday, May 24, 2013

A dream or a goal?

   

  Going home for good, a dream or a goal?

      Dreaming of going home has always been one of the fantasies of an OFW who has been working away from his native country, but is it enough to just dream?

      What's the difference between a dream and a goal? For me, the big difference between the two is knowing how and when to get there.

      Yes, you can dream all you want on becoming rich or losing weight but, if you don't have a plan on how to get there or if you don't have a timeline on when to get there, it would really be hard to get started.

      My goal is to go home for good in 14 months. No, I'm not going home to retire and sit my ass off until I'd  get pressure sores for the rest of my life. I'd still work but not because I have to, regardless of the pay.

      Putting a timeline in my goal helps me plan step-by-step on how to achieve it. I'm driving myself nuts with computations and penny-pinching galore to help me attain my goal.

      That said, I can say that my goal of going back home is not just a mindless fantasy. I am carefully and meticulously planning for it.

      Pinas, see you soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. I read and appreciate all comments. :)