Have you ever had this science experiment in your elementary years?
I remember we used to have this kind of experiment and now, I'm putting it to good use!
I haven't bought scallions for a long time because of this trick:
- Use up the green part of the scallion leaving the white part with the roots behind:
- Put the white part in a container with water in it (Note: The longer once in the pictures are few days old scallions.)
- Leave it there for few days. ( Note: the longer scallions in the picture are few days old. )
- Few days later:
Things to consider:
- Change the water everyday because if you don't, it'll stink.
- While changing the water, make sure to sprinkle water on the green part.
- Just keep cutting the green part to be used for cooking and dip the white part again in the water and it'll keep on growing!
One way to save a little bit of money, right?