Thursday, July 2, 2015

National Bookstore Haul: Obsessing Over Feng Shui


You all know I am on the process of renovating my abode and I don't know how the idea and my interest about Feng Shui got in, but it just did. Well, my friend mentioned it to me once, googled it right away and I got sucked into the vortex. Now, I am all about Feng Shui.


Note: I'm not really a hardcore Feng Shui fanatic, mind you. Heck, I don't even know the where the southwest direction is in my house. I am just following the practical side of Feng shui: less clutter, color combination, there should be growing plants in front of the house... those kind of stuffs. Nothing really extreme coz I still strongly believed that we create our own luck coupled with prayers to the Big Guy up there.



It just happened that I went to SM yesterday and for sure, I can't go to SM without going in and browsing National Bookstore and I bought these:

  • Feng Shui Gabay para sa Masuwerteng Bahay by Chloe Margalaux Php 98 ( No english version available)
  • Be Rich Php 75 ( the only copy left so I bought it)





I just noticed that the two books I bought are all about "psychological" thing.. Hmmmm.



And ooooooh, if you have been a follower of my blogs for sometime now, you would have known that I am a super duper Freakonomics fan. I've read and collected all the Freakonomics books by Steven Levitt and Steve Dubner ( Freakonomics, Superfreakonomics, Think Like a Freak) and I just saw Levitt and Dubner's new book: When to Rob a Bank and my heart melted!!! I want one! I want one! I want one..... but my "fun money" for June was already spent so I need to wait at least this mid July for me to purchase the book... huhuhu. It costs Php 600+, by the way. Can't wait to read it!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. I read and appreciate all comments. :)