O.M.G! Ilang tulog nalang!
I'm lucky that I'll be in the Philippines in time for His Holiness Pope Francis' visit. One of my "before I die" thing is to see a Pope and to attend a mass conducted by a Pope at St. Peter's Square. Maybe later na ang St. Peter's Square, seeing the Pope muna! I am excited na ewan! Ayyyy! Though it's a sad homecoming coz my father's brother died. I remember those times when my father was in coma, I used to live with them and I always end up sleeping on the couch while watching TV. My uncle will then carry me and put me to bed beside her daughter. He was like a father to me and I'm super sad about his death. At least, nag ha-high five na si Papa at si Uncle somewhere out there now.
- Closing my bank account: It felt like my expat life finally comes to an end the moment I close my bank account the other day. The manager I talked to said she used to work for Chase in Cebu, and she liked it there a lot. I could tell that she used to live in the Philippines for a while because she didn't pronounce Cebu weirdly (not "Say-boo", you know)
- Changing my coins: I am a coin hoarder, what can I do? Watch the video for a proof and see how much coin I hoarded at the end.
- Deactivating my pre-paid phone line
- Doing some tourist-y stuffs: I went sightseeing. I used to ignore a famous tourist spot nearby and since I am going home, I need to see it all one last time. I took tons of pics.
One last selfie with Sir Abe. Four score and seven years ago...
- Returning the last DVD I watched (The Awakening) and the last book I read (You Can be Happy No Matter What) to the library: I secretly said goodbye to the library. Gosh, I shall miss that place! Books were my best friends for the longest time, library was a place where I got all my entertainment for free! For that, I am super grateful.
- Giving up my tripod and a whole lot of stuffs: I was so over the 50 lbs limit, so yah.. need to give up stuffs. Oh well, it's just stuffs. I can afford to buy it all again if I need it. Trust in abundance.
- Downloading tons of e-books in my Kindle for the loooong trip home: Actually, You Can Be Happy No Matter What is not the last book I am going to read borrowed from the library. I downloaded 10! Yes, 10! 10 is the limit for e-books, so I downloaded 10. This will hopefully keep me entertain while on long layovers and such.
- Finalizing my suitcase: All my bags are pack, I'm ready to go! The main goal of this blog is at hand. See you soon 'pinas!