- You get so excited with 1% gain.
- You get so bummed with .5% loss.
- You now consider Warren Buffet as "the" rockstar. You post qoutes said by him in your Facebook wall all day errday.
- A month after you officially invest in the stock market, you want to tell every single soul ( including your pet cat) how awesome the stock market is.
- When you buy your first ever stock, you then post and brag about it in your social networking site/s, "Hell,yah! I just bought 20 shares of SM stocks!"
- When that certain stock goes up, you tend to brag about it, "Yes! the stocks I bought yesterday are now valued at PHP 12 per share."
- When you made your first official "sell", you post it in your wall again, " I sold my SM stocks. I made a profit! I told you stock market is awesome." To you, you sound like so "sikat" and so intelligent! But to others, they are probably rolling their eyes!
- When your portfolio is going down, you tend to panic and blurt how you feel about it through posting it, of course, on your Facebook wall, "Oh,no! My portfolio is all bloody and is now taking a nosedive. The economy is going nowhere. The end of us!". By the way, -1% loss is not really a nosedive, and you haven't really lost anything unless of course you already sold it at a loss. But then, you remember Warren Buffett's words, " Be fearful when others are greedy, be greedy when others are fearful". That will calm you down.
- At the mention of the word "investing", you tend to hold your head a little higher, coz you feel so awesome than 99% of Filipinos who doesn't invest.
- You now feel the need to "give back" and do some personal finance advocacy thing. You want to pass the personal finance awakening torch to the 99% of the population who doesn't invest. You feel like you are the missing link on the whole personal finance movement. You want to be the change and bring the change.
No offense to those who consider this post "spot on". Been there, done that. I used to do things that were mentioned above. Looking back, I just shake my head and roll my eyes on how silly it was, especially on that posting statuses on Facebook. I just cringed! Facepalm!
Can you add something on the list? Katuwaan lang! :)