Saturday, July 5, 2014

Update on Goals 2014




July already? Geeez, how time flies so fast?




For list of goals for this year, click here.



For my very first update, click here.



Here's another update:




  • Read non-fiction book minimum of 2 books per month


- Ummm, the keyword here is "non-fiction". Haven't keeping up with that. I finished Game of Thrones series, though (except for the two series that aren't available yet, obviously. Want some spoilers? 


Note to George R.R. Martin: please finish the whole series coz I wont be able to borrow it for free once I'm already in the Philippines). Haha! Talk about using and abusing my local library.


I am actually kinda on track with this goal. For July, I already finished reading one book which was Pocket Your Dollars by Carrie Rocha. Currently reading The Power to Prosper by Michelle Singletary. We'll see. We'll see.


  • Own 2,000 items including clothes and other knickknacks


- Thumbs up for this!I am on track.Currently in the process of minimizing my skin-care routine.I am so happy with my decision to be a minimalist.I am not a hardcore minimalist yet. It's a process, but I am getting there.


  • Have a one million peso cold hard cash in the bank. Cash, not paper assets


- Done. Done. Done. :)


  • Eat healthier. Have at least a cup of fruit or veggies a day. Control my sweet tooth
- I.am.trying.so.very.hard. I recently downloaded apps that  would hopefully help me with health stuff. I am freakin' enjoying it!


  • Quit being an "OC" when it comes to finance
- Ahhh,hello?! I bought Red, my baby!Priciest thing I bought for myself,and I am happy!


  • Use up all my skin care products and backups so I can switch to a natural skin care stuffs
- I sent boxes of stuffs and I inserted skin care and backups to be given to my mom and my nieces.I realized that there is no way I'd finished everything so,I gave 'em away.


Currently using Argan oil. Minimizes my skin-care and it's natural


  • Pinas for good by September 2014
- Hala!I am so scared already! Scared-excited,if that makes sense.Scared because it is so out of my comfort zone. Excited because another chapter of my life will unfold.I am scared and doubtful,but I know this is part of the process. I recognized the feeling of being scared and being doubtful,but I wont let it paralyze me. I haven't pass my resignation letter yet ( we are required to pass resignation letter a month before the quitting date). Planning to pass it by late this month or early August.


Wish me luck.





12 comments:

  1. Oh my, it's actually happening! You're really coming back for good!!!

    I understand your scared-excitement sentiment, because it IS a big change and adventure. Best of luck to your comeback!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hopefully all goes well with resignation and stuff.

      Kulbaan nako but excited sad! Libug! Haha

      Delete
  2. Hope when you come back I can meet you Ma'am :) I would to have an interview with you talaga hehe. I wish you all the best for you work hard for it and you deserve it. :)

    http://savingspinay.blogspot.com/2014/06/how-to-apply-for-unionbank-eon-bank.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hala, don't call me "ma'am", sound too old. Haha. "Girl" nalang. LOL!

      Yah, hope to meet you,too!

      Delete
  3. Jia you! Can't wait to read your next adventure as an "early retiree" once back in the homeland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey OFW in Taiwan. I am not retiring. Life would be so boring if I will retire. I explained everything in my post "For good update: Plans when I finally come home"

      Delete
  4. :-) meant it like the phrase coined by Jacob of ERE- actually synonymous to being FI.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Early Retrement Extreme. I was thinking about that,too but,naaah. I want something to look forward to everyday. Kahit pang bills lang without touchin my savings and my investments

      Delete
  5. Awwww dearest! Glad to hear you have achieved your goals bit by bit. You can do it! Some you have done with outstanding performance na! I wish you all the best for your next adventure back home in Pinas. I can foresee that you will be among those who will encourage every Filipino household to be more financially literate. I understand the scared/excitement feeling, coz I too felt the same when I was planning to be home last year. God bless sa next adventure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot! Congrats too on your blooming love life. :)

      Delete
  6. I want to be a minimalist, too! I started by having a shopping fast (no shopping from January 1, 2014 to November 30, 2014) and hopefully, I could also limit my possessions to a specific number. One step at a time... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, me too! I am a wannabe minimalist but I am very on board with it. It feels good to let go or finish stuffs.

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. I read and appreciate all comments. :)