What is UMID?
The Unified Multi-Purpose ID (UMID) is a four-in-one identification card that Filipinos can use to transact with government agencies such as the Social Security System (SSS), Government Service Insurance System (GSIS), PhilHealth, and Pag-IBIG Fund. The UMID is also accepted as a valid ID in all other transactions
I applied for my UMID card at SM Cebu on March 27, 2019 via the SSS counter. I arrived there at 10:00 AM and was able to do everything within 40 minutes.
1. Get a priority number.
2. Wait for your turn. You will be asked to fill up a form. They will ask for an ID.
3. Submit the form and wait for your turn to be called for your picture to be taken.
4.You will be given a stub of paper:
Note: The staff told me that if my UMID won't arrive within two months, I should go to my nearest postal office and claim it there.
1. Application: March 27, 2019
2. I received a text from SSS on June 12, 2019
3. The UMID card was delivered to me on June 19, 2019.
It took approximately 3 months from application to delivery.